The mission of the South Carolina Storytelling Network is to increase appreciation of story telling and listening, promote proficiency of the South Carolina Storytellers, and encourage interaction among its members by…
- Creating a storytelling infrastructure
- Publishing a current directory of South Carolina Storytellers and a newsletter with storytelling information for members and others.
- Promoting opportunities for storytelling.
- Promoting storytelling statewide as an art necessary for the preservation of our heritage.
- Promoting gatherings of South Carolina storytellers and listeners.
The South Carolina Storytelling Network began in the fall of 2001 when a group met in an effort to form an organization dedicated to fostering storytelling across the state. From that meeting, the organization has grown to include storytellers and story listeners across South Carolina.
Storytelling In South Carolina is the official newsletter of the South Carolina Storytelling Network. It features news of SCSN events, members around the state and articles of interest to storytellers and writers. Published in March, June, September and December, members may list in the calendar of events public storytelling performances/workshops of interest to storytellers and story listeners. Articles may be submitted for publication, and advertising space is available. For information about the newsletter or advertising, contact the Editor.
2012 Board of Directors
President: Ray Mendenhall
Vice President: Rodger Ellingwood
Secretary: Greg Mumpower
Treasurer: Claire Willett
President ex-Officio: Cora Newcomb
At Large Board Members
The SCSN Constitution and Bylaws